User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5
Showing results 61 to 64 of 64

Thread: October/Halloween horror movie watch list

Battle Record
    34-10
    Awards SS HW Champion Haiku Champion 25+ Wins PC HOF OM HOF

Re: October/Halloween horror movie watch list

I'll be honest. Maybe it's because I'm only 31 or maybe I'm just not a fan... but the new alien movie is the only one in thoroughly enjoy lol. Don't care for predator either but liked Predators and Prey.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Wuxia
    You're a really talented writer. And I've only ever said that to Baron Mynd.

you telling me you never felt a tingle in your trousers when you watched Ellen Ripley roll up on the Queen with a fucking power loader talkin bout “Get away from her you BITCH

first Predator & Prey are my favorites as far as the horror aspect but Predators is a highlight cuz it’s like an action/adventure/sci fi mash up kinda like The Mummy w/ Brendan Fraser. plus you can’t go wrong with Laurence Fishburne. Predator 2 is iconic cuz that “Want some candy?” scene has been living rent free in my head ever since childhood lol. something about a hyper intelligent super lethal non terrestrial creature w/ cloaking abilities ominously mimicking an innocent human gesture before completely eviscerating someone is still a top tier genre moment for all time lol.

Battle Record
    34-10
    Awards SS HW Champion Haiku Champion 25+ Wins PC HOF OM HOF

Yeah, no lol. Just feels outdated to me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Wuxia
    You're a really talented writer. And I've only ever said that to Baron Mynd.

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    Awards Cypher Winner - Award nomination from Spree accepted.

I liked the first three Alien movies, haven’t seen any beyond that. My theory is that the early ones feel outdated now because they introduced (innovated or at least popularised) a lot of genre tropes which have since been copied to the extent that they feel tired.

For example, the scene where they’re looking for the alien and it’s ramping up the tension as they go to open the cupboard, but then get jumpscared by a cat leaping out. Seeing that for the first time now I’d roll my eyes, but at the time that technique was way more fresh and effective.

I think a lot of classics tend to be victims of their own success in that way.