Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4
Showing results 46 to 52 of 52

Thread: October/Halloween horror movie watch list

Battle Record
    34-10
    Awards SS HW Champion Haiku Champion 25+ Wins PC HOF OM HOF

Re: October/Halloween horror movie watch list

He's a creepy dude lol.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Wuxia
    You're a really talented writer. And I've only ever said that to Baron Mynd.

Battle Record
    3-1
    Awards AOTW AOTM MOTM SS HW Champion Legendary Member OM HOF SS Season Champion

Finally got around to Alein Romulus

Cool movie. does the franchise justice. Im glad to see face huggers get more of a presence in this one. I always thought they were just as terrifying as the actual alien. I didnt really understand the need for the autistic droid though lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

An armed man is a citizen,
    An unarmed man is a victim

Battle Record
    34-10

Diversity i guess lol. Autistic and black.

speaking of diversity, just peeped Shadow in the Cloud. Lol. i liked it. blended two of my favorite genres, period war movie/creature feature. but damn did it go through some editorial changes throughout. went from being tonally tense/lightly-serious to a comedy somewhere along the way & even though it didn’t bother me, it was noticeable. def a movie to watch w/ a chick lol.

pretty sure the only reason i liked it as much as i did though is cuz Chloe Grace Moretz is sexy as fuck. blonde chicks aren’t typically my preference but something about her makes me wanna let a few million loose on her ovaries.

Battle Record
    34-10

Kinda how I felt about Ginger Snaps. First half of the movie is way better than the second half. Almost like they ran out of budget and just coasted to the end.

If you're into diversity. I Saw The TV Glow is getting a lot of praise. LGBTQ film. Pays homage to Buffy The Vampire Slayer and is an interesting metaphor/approach about a man who wants to be a woman but is too scared to follow through while his crazy best friend tries really hard to get him to take that step. I wouldn't watch it twice personally but that's probably because I'm a straight white male.

Ginger Snaps lmao.. that’s definitely a similar vein. sadly werewolf movies have always had that shittish quality about them. old school ones like American Werewolf & Silver Bullet notwithstanding, also a few newer ones like Van Helsing, Dog Soldiers, Wolf, Underworld 1-2 & the prequel are noteworthy. need better wolf movies though. saw a preview for a Wolfman reboot coming out that looks like it could be aight though.

i heard about the Glow movie. read a review from a “cultural reviewer” who called it “grade A psychological horror for a new black generation”. the “for a new black generation” stuck out to me & had me wondering why that choice of wording was used so i decided to check it out, also cuz i like Justice Smith as an actor.. but when i realized it was a transgender allegorical tale written by a jewish woman about a black/biracial dude, i just got turned off immediately. i’m not prejudiced, but i’m really tired of this lgbt agenda being forced down the throats of an entire demographic by writers & showrunners who are not of that culture. same reason i hated Lovecraft Country & the Watchmen sequel show(among other reasons). these jewish hollywood writers/producers love injecting their vision of other cultures into their work & it’s getting old as hell at this point. dumb as hell to try to address the “toxic masculinity” people complain about black dudes by creating fiction that rationalizes it all as stemming from repressed homosexuality or gender dysphoria/dysmorphia lmao. emasculation at it’s finest.

now even though i just went on a tangent about it, i may still watch it.. just probably in a year from now when the single solitary viewing from my account won’t positively affect viewership statistics lmao.

anyway, my bad for the rant. the moment took me.

Battle Record
    34-10

The director is trans. They said it's a personal movie influenced by their own issues.