User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Sharing battle rap writing tips / ideas

You've Earned a Custom Title!

Sharing battle rap writing tips / ideas

A thread where anyone can share any battle rap writing tips.

I’ll start us off with a couple. These ones are good for getting ideas flowing when you can’t think of anything else, and they’re especially suited to name flips.

Search idioms.
    Google the word ‘idiom’ and the opponent’s name (or an abbreviation, or a word related to the opponent’s name, or a synonym, antonym or homophone). Look through a list of idioms for any which could be made to work as a double-entendre.

Search ‘words containing’.
    Google the term ‘words containing’ and the opponent’s name or an abbreviation (or initials, or a related word or acronym). Best with an abbreviation which is a fairly common letter combination. If the resulting list is too long try ‘words beginning’ or ‘words ending’ instead. Look through the list for any words which can be split up into a two or three word homophone. Useful sentence formulations include “I’ll take [name] out and leave [other word/s]” or “I’ll put [name] in [other words], that’s [full word]”.

Search ‘related words’ or ‘synonyms’
    Google the opponent’s name and either ‘related words’, ‘synonyms’ or ‘antonyms’ and see whether any of them inspire any angles or wordplays.

Battle Record
    32-6
    Awards Haymaker Maddnes Champion - Champed Haymaker Madness 4 1-2 Punch HW Champion - Award Request Accepted 25+ Wins GFX HOF - for helping out with site graphics SOTW - for helping out with site graphics LLL Season Champion - Champing An LL Season LLL Champion

Re: Sharing battle rap writing tips / ideas

What I like to do is go into A Disciples thread and read her posts for 5-10 minutes to temper my lyricals.
    "Deadly Venoms Vol. 1" is NOW AVAILABLE in ALL online music stores. 30 beats for $15.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.